Another of the four for my class. This is more complex than it may appear, but the basic idea is that it's a water bottle photographed from an unusual perspective.
The sky is a separate photo. The bottle itself is many layers:
- A layer with reduced opacity and layer transparency options
- A layer made by ctl-clicking the previous layer and filling a new layer with an aqua hue to modify the color of the bottle and to make it look like there may be a liquid in there.
- The label needed to be opaque, so there's a layer for that.
- The cap is emphasized by another layer to make it appear opaque, but the "cap layer" itself was somewhat transparent to keep the effect from being too strong relative to the see-through bottle.
- There's a layer that is the shape of the bottle but contains imagery from the sky background with a liquify effect applied to create artificial distortion of the clouds.
Simple image, complex creation. And I'm well aware that the label should wrap around the back; I tried that out, and it looks MUCH better when it defies that logic.